The New Jersey Defense Association establishes a communication link among New Jersey defense attorneys, insurance claim professionals, self-insurers and other corporations who devote a substantial portion of their time to the defense of damage suits or to claims administration.
Its Purposes Include:
- To link by association, communication, education, and organization, New Jersey defense attorneys and personnel of insurance companies, self-insured companies, and other businesses.
- To encourage the prompt, fair, and just disposition of tort claims.
- To enhance the knowledge and improve the skills of defense lawyers through continuing legal and other education programs.
- To support and work for the improvement of the adversary system of jurisprudence and the administration of justice in New Jersey’s state and federal courts.
- To advocate for improvements in and enhance the service of the legal profession to the public.
- To work to eliminate court congestion and delays in civil litigation.
- To cooperate with programs of public education directed toward the reduction of law suits and costs related to alleged personal, financial, and other compensatory losses.
- To foster and promote an environment of inclusion, diversity, and respect within its membership.
- To carry on other related and similar activities in the public interest.